What items are included in the daily rates?
service of a professional hunter.
2. The services of gunbearers, trackers, field and camp assistants
3. Field preparation of trophies per client’s instructions
4. The use of four wheel drive safari trucks.
5. Full accommodations which includes daily laundry, all food and
reasonable quantities of local beer,
minerals and soft drinks.
6. Clients are asked to supply their own spirits if they prefer
imported brands of whisky etc.
items are NOT included in the daily rates?
fees payable for animals killed or wounded.
2. Taxidermy fees
3. Weapons and ammunition
4. Dipping, packing and documentation.
5. Air charters and transportation prior to and after the hunt.
6. Movement between camps by air charter, please note that days
in transit during a hunt count as hunting
7. Loss of hunting due to illness, lost luggage, delayed flights,
etc. are at the clients expense.
8. Government taxes currently 2% of safari daily rate.
are the bag limits?
work on a very strict quota system in Zimbabwe, hunters must advise
us well in advance as to which animals they wish to hunt, Species
with an * (asterisk) are either low quota or in other areas and
need to be applied for in advance. All species are by prior arrangement.
will I get to and from camp?
TO AND FROM HUMANI:
Please note that all of our hunts are full hunting days you will
arrive in camp the day before and depart the day after your hunt.
Humani is a remote area approximately a five-hour drive from Harare.
It is best
accessed by ground transportation or private air charter. The cost
of this transportation is at the client’s expense. Ground
transport (car) up to two passengers @ $250.00 per vehicle one way,
(mini bus) up to
six passengers depending on amount of luggage @ $500.00 per vehicle
one way. A four-seater air charter
is available @ $550.00 one way two passengers with limited luggage.
Please note air charter rates are subject to change without notice.
TO AND FROM CHEWORE:
You will arrive in camp the day before and depart the day after
your hunt. Chewore is an extremely remote area approximately a nine
hour drive from Harare. It is best accessed by private air charter.
Ground transportation $300 per vehicle one way up to two passengers.
A four seater air charter is available @ $550.00 one way, two passengers
with limited baggage.
do I confirm a safari?
of 40% of the DAILY RATES must be paid to Safaris Africa Inc. in
order to confirm a booking.
The balance is payable in cash or Travelers checks upon commencement
of the Safari, and in the event of cancellation or postponement,
the deposit is liable for forfeiture at the discretion of the Company.
is the weather like?
The summer months
are from October to March with temperatures ranging from 85°
- 105°F in our hunting areas. The summer is also the rainy season,
rains normally start in early November and finish late March, therefore
hunting is not encouraged during these months. Our dry season is
from late March to early November. The winter months are April to
September with daytime temperatures averaging between 70° -
85°F. Nights can be very cold during this period with temperatures
dropping to 32°F.